Sunday, August 23, 2009

Thistles

Last week I was taking a training course and Monday afternoon I walked past a little artificial wetland - you know, the kind that pops up in the drainage area around a commerce park. Anyway, it has water and cattails and lots of wildflowers, including thistles. Monday afternoon when I passed by it on the way to the bus it was swarming with goldfinches. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me. I took it the rest of the week and although there weren't lots of finches, there were a couple.

They are such tiny birds! Hardly bigger than the thistle heads they're eating from.

male goldfinch on thistle

male goldfinch on thistle

female goldfinch on thistle

female goldfinch on thistle

female goldfinch on thistle

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, September 03, 2009 Blogger Amy had this to say...

Aren't they so fun to watch? Cute post!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->