Saturday, April 29, 2006

Number one ... but why?

So yesterday on NPR they announce that the Best City in the US for Business is ... Yuma, Arizona.

Why Yuma?

The guy they talked to (sorry, I missed whether he was with the folks who did the ranking or from Yuma) said blah blah globalization blah close to the border blah blah huge labor market...

Now is it just me, or does that sound like "large number of immigrants who will work cheap"?

I am deeply ambivalent about the debate on immigration going on now, but one thing I think I know for sure: as long as businesses can hire illegal immigrants (a) basically with impunity and (b) for much less money, we won't stop illegal immigration.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->