Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Restoring one's manhood... WTF?

Have you seen the new ads for the Hummer?
Two guys in the checkout lane at the grocery. Guy one is buying wimpy food - like (gasp!) tofu - stuff you just know his girlfriend/wife makes him buy. He's all embarrassed about it, too, especially since guy two, behind him, is all loaded down with red meat - ribs and steaks and such. It's just awful.

But then, guy one spots a Hummer brochure. He leaves the grocery, goes straight to the dealer, and drives away in a big old honking Hummer.

And the caption splashes across the screen:
Restore your manhood.


Yeah.

Restore your manhood by buying and driving a Hummer.

I'm pretty much speechless.

I mean - can manhood be so easily lost? And so bizarrely restored? Going deeply into debt (okay, a "mere" $30,000 for a bare-bones H3, but more than $55,000 for an H2, and a totally insane $140,000 for the H1 - and yes, I see those damned things on the road) and being a menace on the highway? (I mean - c'mon, the guy was driving in suburbia.) 16 mpg at today's prices? (And they won't even tell us what the milage is for the H2 or H1...)

This "restores your manhood"?

O, wow. I think I'm very sorry for Hummer drivers.

(Of course, it won't last past the next one who takes up four parking spaces, or threatens to run me off the road, or makes it impossible for me to see in traffic... But just now, at this moment? Yeah, poor emasculated guys. I feel sorry for them.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->