Monday, October 23, 2006

"Are you devastated by the sentence?"

That's what somebody yelled at Skilling. His answer? "Obviously, I'm not happy ... I really believe, this is no act, I really believe that I'm innocent." He added, "I have children and I'd like to spend time with them."

Gosh, Jeff. Lots of people have children - lots of people whose lives you ruined.

Of course, you remember this gem:
"In terms of remorse your honour, I can't imagine more remorse," Skilling told the court before he was sentenced.

"That being said your honour, I am innocent of these charges."
What's that? I didn't do it, but I'm sorry? Most people don't have "remorse" for things they are "innocent of". They may be regretful that things happened to turn out badly, but remorse?

Merriam-Webster defines "remorse" as: a gnawing distress arising from a sense of guilt for past wrongs (as injuries done to others)

So, Ken, you "can't imagine more remorse", and yet you are "innocent of these charges"?

Yeah.

Skilling is a piece of work.

I hope he is devastated.

And I hope others are taking notice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->