Wednesday, October 18, 2006

That Clear Message

From Dan Froomkin's White House Briefing, a short sharp shock from a neighbor:

In yesterday's column , I quoted Bush saying that the detainee bill "sends a clear message: This nation is patient and decent and fair, and we will never back down from the threats to our freedom."

I suggested that he might be mistaken about the "clear message" the bill really sends. I suggested a few alternatives, and asked you readers for more. ...

* "Here's the clear message to me as a Canadian: I cannot visit the United States, because if some over-eager border guard thinks I'm a risk to national security, I could be locked up forever." (Kevin Longfield)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->