Tuesday, November 21, 2006

BFF

Okay, lots of people are posting pictures of the world leaders in Vietnamese national dress and making fun of the "Hogwarts" look.

I'm not making fun of the look.

I want to know what is this fascination that Bad Vlad has for our president. Back in June of 2001, when they first met, W had this to say:
And I look forward to my next meeting with President Putin in July. I very much enjoyed our time together. He's an honest, straightforward man who loves his country. He loves his family. We share a lot of values. I view him as a remarkable leader. ...I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul; a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country. And I appreciated so very much the frank dialogue. There was no kind of diplomatic chit-chat, trying to throw each other off balance. There was a straightforward dialogue. And that's the beginning of a very constructive relationship. I wouldn't have invited him to my ranch if I didn't trust him.
Just look at that picture. Just look at W's expression.

What is this fatal attraction?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->