Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Blogwars ... Staying out of it

Okay - The Bloggies added a Science Category this year. This thing is basically a popularity contest (you can vote every day) and PZ and The Bad Astronomer are duking it out - Phil's got around 3000 votes more than the third place blog, and Pharyngula is ahead of him by 500 or so (last time I looked).

The thing is... Sigh. It's gotten ugly. Insults about bones and tentacles, or the lack thereof, are flying through the ether, and there have been (gasp!) threats to kittens - from both sides!

Or sort of... Phil really only predicts predicts bad things if squids win while PZ actually threatens to feed them to the Kraken - but it's all too ugly.

So, I'm voting for Mark Chu-Carroll and Good Math, Bad Math myself. He's just so civilized.

ps I might as well admit it, though.


kitten

Kittens are cute ... but so is this:
baby squid

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, December 12, 2006 Anonymous Anonymous had this to say...

I too found the "vote for me" posts a major turn-off.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->