Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Sagan Blogathon

Today is the tenth anniversary of Carl Sagan's death - he was 62, and we lost him far, far too young.



There's a Carl Sagan Memorial Blogathon going on.

I'm not qualified to talk about his science - but I can say I read his books and watched "Cosmos" and fell in love with the universe he described. I read "Demon-Haunted World" and knew I wasn't alone.

And he argued for cameras on space probes - as you know I love Cassini: imagine no pictures.

Carl - you were a treasure for the whole of our planet - our species - and you're missed. But you left a legacy of work that will live for a long time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->