Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy (Belated) Birthday, JRR!


Yes - 105 years ago yesterday was the birthday of JRR Tolkien.

I like LOTR much better than the Hobbit, to be honest, and I enjoy the poetry collections and like to browse the Silmarillon... I read the novel yearly, and have it in several translations - I particularly like the Ukrainian translation I have.


Here's a comic strip about the movies - which I thought were fabulously done (see this link for the whole sequence):

Paige and Jason go to the movies 1

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, March 22, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous had this to say...

Nice blogs
HI, iM a Malaysian student in ukraine struggling with russian :)
u seem like a very interesting person..mind if we get to noe each other??
flavea_xander@yahoo.com.sg

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->