Saturday, March 10, 2007

Unnatural Sky

sky with contrails sky with contrails
sky with contrailsThursday when I got off the bus and looked skyward I was blown away. I can't remember when I've seen something like this... which is odd in itself. Though when I took my sunglasses off to look in the viewfinder, I realized that part of it is that the polarized lens were making the sky much deeper blue and the contrails stand out much more vividly. Nonetheless, the view was remarkable: no real clouds, but dozens of contrails arrow straight across the sky, except for one or two that bent suddenly as the plane changed course after leaving BWI. Many of them had been blown into wide streaks by high-level winds, but almost none were dispersing or broken. There was even a spot where a jet was drawin a line through the exact center of an X, turning it into an asterisk. It was just so strange to see.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->