Sunday, May 06, 2007

Mystery Birds

And speaking of not-very-good-low-light photos, here are a couple of a bird that obstinately stayed too high for me to be at all sure what he is - some kind of woodpecker, maybe? Any guesses? Not that these photos are a whole lot of clue! Cripes - in the first one he might even be some weird little animal - except the second one was taken right after the first.

mystery bird pecking?
mystery bird leaving

mystery bird






























This guy is another mystery - I've seen him, I think, on the ground too.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, May 06, 2007 Blogger John B. had this to say...

The first two look good for a woodpecker. The third looks more like a songbird, based on the posture and proportions. That is about as far as I can go.

 
At 1:50 PM, May 06, 2007 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Yeah - I got distracted while posting. Those are actually two different birds, right enough. I've edited the post to add that. Thanks.

 
At 9:00 PM, July 08, 2008 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Oooo - forgot to post this, but I was told (and realized right away that it was right) that number two is a killdeer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->