Saturday, July 07, 2007

I'm it!

John at Thoughts in a Haystack tagged me. I know that within 10 rounds, everyone on this planet would be tagged. If we're considering only people with blogs, it would happen far more quickly. Nonetheless, I'm startled to be tagged. Still, here we go...

These are the rules:
This is another meme experiment:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write in their own blog about their eight things and include these rules in the post.
4. At the end of your post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
So... hmm... my eight random facts:
  1. I was in the army during Vietnam, though being a woman I wasn't drafted.
  2. I've lived in four states (Texas, Tennessee, California, Maryland) and two countries (US and Germany - the latter twice).
  3. I've visited nine countries on vacation (England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Austria, France, Belgium, Denmark, Canada).
  4. I've been to three former Soviet republics on business: Russia, Uzbekistan, and Belarus.
  5. My first car was a Ford station wagon, used; it didn't have power steering and I couldn't parallel park it at all, so I had to borrow a friend's car to get my Texas driver's license (my Tennessee one having expired while I was living in Germany).
  6. My first new car was a Mazda GLC; it got forty miles to the gallon and cost $3600 - as I said, new. That was indeed a while ago.
  7. I currently don't own a car at all.
  8. I grew up a Braves fan.
Now, my taggees... Certainly you don't have to participate! I threaten no supernatural reprisals; this isn't a chain letter. But I choose ....
Again, feel entirely free not to play!

Note: Brett chased this back, and then Wishydig asked and I did a bit more tracing. The history up to me:

1. The Greenbelt
2. Thoughts in a Haystack
3. Evolving Thoughts
4. On Evolution
5. Scientia Natura: Evolution and Rationality
6. The Flying Trilobite
7. Pharyngula
8. Ironicus Maximus
9. Coyote Mercury
10. I'm not one to blog, but...
11. Dicionaopolis in Digitopolis
12. No Smoking in the Skullcave!
13. Monkey Muck
14. Lotsa 'Splainin 2 Do
15. somebody called Padre Mickey, who I can't find...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, July 09, 2007 Blogger Barry Leiba had this to say...

OK, well, je l'ai fait, for what it's worth. Now I've responded to a "tag", I'll probably get all manner of useless list-demands thrown at me.

Feh! Feh!, I say.

 
At 9:29 AM, July 09, 2007 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Very nicely done, too! Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->