Monday, July 02, 2007

Respect? Don't make me laugh.

So, Scooter's not going to jail. I'm not shocked, though I am a bit surprised, at the simple fact that the current president couldn't bear letting a loyal foot soldier - okay, maybe lieutenant - go to jail for doing his bidding.

But this?

I respect the jury's verdict. But I have concluded that the prison sentence given to Mr. Libby is excessive.

That shocks me. (It's excessive? Okay, cut it down. Don't cut it out.) How dare he say he 'respect's the verdict while essentially rendering it meaningless. After all, Libby's raised $5 million in contributions, and now he can do book and talk shows.

Also, of course, commutation generally happens after the prison term is begun, not before.

I wish I knew why I still can be shocked by anything that man says or does.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, July 02, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous had this to say...

What do these bandits have to do to convince you of thier basic criminal behavior!
Hello? A covert cia agent was 'outed',. A successful Cia operation was ruined. The whole bunch should have been shot!
Forgive errors of spelling or ssyntax, I'm blind and also mad as hell that no one seems to get 'it'!

 
At 9:00 PM, July 02, 2007 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Oh, hell yes, I agree with you. It's just ... I keep thinking there's nothing they can do that will shock me, and then, well...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->