Friday, September 14, 2007

Nizar Qabbani

John Lynch at Stranger Fruit posted a poem by Nizar Qabbani in his Friday Poem today. Not this one (so go read his), but I followed his links and found the man's work; I'll share this one because I love it.

Love Compared

I do not resemble your other lovers, my lady
should another give you a cloud
I give you rain
Should he give you a lantern, I
will give you the moon
Should he give you a branch
I will give you the trees
And if another gives you a ship
I shall give you the journey.


Others, mostly longer, are here - if you read nothing else, read A Letter from a Stupid Woman. But I bet you won't stop there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->