Sunday, September 16, 2007

More fun with grammar checker

So, here's a sentence grammar checker didn't like.
"He didn’t regret what he’d done, what he’d let Jack and Martin do; he did wish they had won."
I dare you to guess what it wants fixed.

It wants "he'd let Jack and Martin" changed to "he let Jack and Martin would".

Yes. It wants
"He didn’t regret what he’d done, what he let Jack and Martin would do; he did wish they had won."
Honestly. "He let Jack and Martin would do."

Words fail me.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, September 17, 2007 Blogger Wishydig had this to say...

Which grammar checker? I only ask because it might be that instead of "words fail me" it could be more appropriate to say "Word fails me."

 
At 9:11 PM, September 17, 2007 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

LOL. That's very clever - and very true, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->