Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Week in Entertainment

TV: The Doctor and Captain Jack, of course. Doctor Who was one of those occasional ones with only a bit of the Doctor, but it was good. I cried when Sally found Billy the second time... (And I confess I understand Larry's stunned "You've only got 17 DVDs???") The angels have the phonebox. I want that on a t-shirt, too! Torchwood continues to be good. I love that Toshi, Owen, and Ianto don't know anything about Jack. I love that Ianto doesn't care. (Hopefully Toshi will get a bit more personality - Owen has a bit too much already.) I watched a couple of episodes of Hotel Babylon Saturday - rather intriguing though I'm not sure I'll look for it again. Maybe. Also caught "Dark Passage," that most bizarre of all Bogart/Bacall films. And I found "After the Fox" on FLIXe. I love this movie and have for a long time, and I was so glad to see it's as funny as I remembered it being. Peter Sellers and Victor Mature, Neil Simon script, hilarious. "I suspect ... I suspect hanky-panky!" And the Gold of Cairo ... so funny.

Read: The Widening Stain, and started Peter Galbraith's The End of Iraq.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->