Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pizza Hut picks a bad name

For me, anyway. (Disclaimer: I like Papa John's pizza better, but nothing holds a candle to Big Ed's back home...)

But when I see a commercial for Pizza Hut's "Family Value Meal", I get the same sick feeling I get when the Republicans and right-wing Christians start talking about "family" or "values" or, especially, "family values".

I hate it that they've been allowed to twist the meanings of those words into something despicable. Like that CSPAN poll asking if people were 'values voters' - of course they are. It's just a question of which values - and the word doesn't automatically mean what the GOP candidates and the "Values Voters Convention" assert that it does. If you don't agree with these people, it doesn't mean you lack values. And if your family doesn't look like theirs, it's still a family.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->