Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Week in Entertainment

DVD: Another episode of Бухта Филипа (Philip's Bay). Still pretty good, for crime tv.

TV: Heroes - Matt is stupid, even if he did finally do something right. So is Peter, really. And West is a damned stalker and criminally irresponsible, and Claire should be glad he's gone. And Kensei as Adam? I saw that coming... though, granted, only by about twenty minutes. Now maybe this season can stop being so boring? House - Another doctor? Wonder what Cuddy will say (like it matters, I suppose). But he's hiring 3 Numbers, plus the Cottages, plus CIA doc... people are going to get like three lines an episode. It's ridiculous. Torchwood - this one was intriguing. Jack and John ... sad, really, because I'm sure John would have killed him if he'd made a move, but then at the end, dying, except Jack doesn't... And poor Owen. And Rhys and Gwen - fireworks due.

Read: Storm World . And I joined the Nonbelieving Literati in time for The Sparrow, which just came in the mail, so we'll see how that goes (pretty well so far, but I've barely begun). Read some of a new translation of Зів'яле листя by Іван Франко (Ivan Franko's collection "Withered Leaves") - not that great, actually. Which is too bad.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, November 11, 2007 Blogger John Evo had this to say...

"And I joined the Nonbelieving Literati in time for The Sparrow, which just came in the mail, so we'll see how that goes (pretty well so far, but I've barely begun)"

I haven't picked it up from the library yet (thanks for reminding me to put a hold on it) and probably won't start for a couple of weeks. I'm bogged down in Pinker's "The Stuff of Thought" and this stuff is giving me a lot of thoughts. :)

The first half of the book was kind of tortuous for a guy like me who is so bad with the rules of language, but Pinker is getting more into the meat of how human nature is reflected in language now.

At least we have until Dec. 15 before posting on The Sparrow, so I should be just fine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->