Monday, February 25, 2008

the historical meme

Well, Mike from The Questionable Authority has tagged me with "the historical meme". Simple enough rules (mostly they are):

1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) List 7 random/weird things about your favorite historical figure.
3) Tag seven more people at the end of your blog and link to theirs.
4) Let the person know they have been tagged by leaving a note on their blog.

A problem with picking an historical person to do something like this is that you have to get somebody about whom much is known. If you could do one or two things, but seven? So maybe some of my "things" are less factual than they might be... Anyway. I choose Ahhotep I, who lived in the 1500s BCE:
Ahhotep I1. She led the effort which united the Upper and Lower Kingdoms, expelling the Hyksos.
2. She lived to be 90.
3. A warrior queen who led troops into battle, she was buried with three medals of honor shaped like huge flies.
4. Her tomb also had ceremonial axes and daggers with battle scenes on them.
5. Her mother Tetisheri was nicknamed "the Small".
6. She founded the Eighteenth Dynasty.
7. She had seven known children, and every one of them was named Ahmose (the pharaoh Ahmose I, the queen Ahmose-Nefertari, the prince Ahmose Sipair, and the princesses Ahmose-Henutemipet, Ahmose-Meritamon, Ahmose-Nebetta, and Ahmose-Tumerisy.
Hmm. Tagging. No one has to do this, of course, but I choose:

Michael of Wishydig, fev of headsup: the blog, the eponymous Mr. Verb, the chaplain from The Apostate's Chapel, the Exterminator from No More Hornets, John Evo from Evolutionary Middleman, and - because I hope he does it in verse - Cuttle from the Digital Cuttlefish.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, February 25, 2008 Blogger The Exterminator had this to say...

I'm flattered that you chose me, but I'm gonna pass on this one.

The truth is: I don't feel like doing the research.

 
At 8:51 PM, February 25, 2008 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

No worries.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->