Monday, February 04, 2008

I'll make up for it, okay?

David Tyree just said that God helped him catch that pass, and that ever since his mother "went to be with her Lord Jesus" things have been great for the team.

What?

I mean, enough that God actually would care about who won the Super Bowl. But this story - that he killed Tyree's mother, and then - I dunno, felt bad about it? she badgered and/or begged Jesus into it? what? - made up for it by letting him win the Super Bowl?

This is possibly the downright weirdest taking God's name in vain by making him a sports fan I have ever heard.

And of course, ABC News felt like making a whole little human-interest story out of it.

I gotta wonder: anybody playing for the Patriots lose a parent?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->