Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Mysteries of Spring

Some photos from Monday morning. Spring brings new birds every day, and sometimes I have only a tiny clue what they are. Anybody out there able to ID these?

Well, I feel a bit foolish. If I could remember things like what size birds are ...

mystery one
Mystery One on right (and three Cedar Waxwings) He's a junco - which I thought he looked like except that for some reason I was thinking waxwings are cardinal-sized, and (of course) they're not.

mystery two
Mystery Two (Grosbeak House Finch)


mystery three
Mystery Three (Grosbeak House Finch)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, March 05, 2008 Blogger John B. had this to say...

The bottom two look like House or Purple Finches to me. I'm not sure about the bird in the first photo.

 
At 5:20 AM, March 06, 2008 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

I think you're right. I was remembering them as bigger than finches, but I'm not sure anymore, and looking at them again, I think you're right.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->