Friday, June 20, 2008

Unexpected guests at lunch

Our big course ended today. Yesterday we took the students out to lunch - but then the students insisted on paying, which was nice of them. We went to the 94th Aero Squadron, and had a very nice time. While we were talking I glanced out the window - and saw this pretty thing:

deer

I don't know about the one in California, but this restaurant is at a little airport (in fact, the oldest continually used airfield in the country). Not very long after we saw the first one, four deer, possibly the same one and three others, began making their way across the grass between the runways. I wonder how used they are to the Pipers and Cherokees that come and go?

deer

deer

deer

deer

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, June 21, 2008 Blogger AbbotOfUnreason had this to say...

There's a nice bike trail that loops around the end of the runway along the creek. I often see the deer wandering across the path. They don't seem fazed by much in what is, after all, a pretty busy area.

 
At 11:22 AM, June 21, 2008 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Yes, I've seen the bikers often. Well, "often" - I don't eat there very frequently. It looks like a nice path.

 
At 2:02 PM, June 24, 2008 Blogger Unknown had this to say...

We see deer sometimes behind my mother-in-law's place, but the only time I've seen them up close is when I stayed at a B&B outside of Seattle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->