Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What's Important 34

McCain collageThirty-fourth in a series.

This is from the Larry King interview:

KING: You said yesterday that you endorse an Arizona ballot referendum to eliminate affirmative action. Ten years ago, you described a similar effort as “divisive.” What changed?

MCCAIN: You know, I don’t know what we’re talking about. About 10 years ago and I’m going to look it up.

("Yesterday" (Jul 27) he told George Stephanopoulis that "he supports a referendum on the ballot in his home state 'that would do away with affirmative action.'"

"Yes, I do," he responded. "I do not believe in quotas. But I have not seen the details of some of these proposals. But I've always opposed quotas.")

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->