Monday, October 20, 2008

Missing the point. Missing the whole barn, in fact

So, the New York Post wishes Cheney well after his heart problems. And they add:
That not all Americans would wish Cheney a quick recovery is a sad commentary on a currently polarized society.

Yes, Cheney is one of the most controversial VPs in US history, but he is also an extraordinarily dedicated public servant.

During a period of profound international instability and danger, Cheney has been unafraid to make tough decisions. Indeed, he's been a forceful presence in the Bush administration.

In return, he has been demonized by Democrats, liberal activists and the media.
You know what? Cheney has been a "forceful presence" "unafraid to make tough decisions". I'll even grant that he's "extraordinarily dedicated". But the decisions have been dangerous, illegal, and possibly even genuinely evil. His forcefulness has caused not one country in a major survey to call relations with the US "friendly"- including the UK.

Being unafraid to do the wrong thing is no virtue.


(hat tip to Dan Froomkin's White House Watch)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, October 20, 2008 Anonymous Anonymous had this to say...

I'm no Cheney fan, and I certainly don't wish him dead; I do look forward to his departure from Washington, DC, though.

 
At 8:04 PM, October 20, 2008 Blogger Unknown had this to say...

me too!

 
At 8:41 PM, October 20, 2008 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Same here.

Though, as I have said before, one of the reasons I hate theses people so much is that I don't like the way they make me feel when one of them gets sick.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->