Saturday, October 11, 2008

So that's what they look like

I've heard of this bird all my life, but ... well, I'm not going to say this is the first time in my life I've seen this bird because people will be amazed. But it's the first time since I've been paying attention. I thought she was a woodpecker, but I'm now convinced she's a yellow-bellied sapsucker - although sapsuckers are a kind of woodpecker, so I wasn't completely wrong.

yellow-bellied sapsucker

yellow-bellied sapsucker

yellow-bellied sapsucker

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, October 11, 2008 Blogger fev had this to say...

Czarina says "yep." Yellow-bellied sapsucker. (Czarina is a birder; I'm a telescope porter).

But we just had a first-of-year white-throated sparrow out here, and there's three huge raccoons about 50 feet up in one of the neighbor's oaks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->