Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Week in Entertainment

DVD: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, plus extras.

TV: House - last week's was good, and Wilson knew he was coming back, 'cause otherwise the very least he would have done is make sure Cuddy knocked House out for the whole trip. This week - didn't we see this, sort of? Except it was Doug Ross's one-night stand... Plus, I hate Hadley/Thirteen - she makes me long for Cameron. So I had this ambivalent reaction to her being fired - like, to be precise, "they can't possibly be getting rid of the one I really hate." Instead, they'll let her actually be competent for a change and House will relent and keep her. And sure enough. Bleah. I want a Kuttner-centered episode! Eleventh Hour - the little hints about the Patriot Act, used to help solve the case and yet clearly over-the-top, I think they're a nice touch. And I really enjoyed the dig at "all-natural foods" in the tag. Sanctuary - this show is nothing special yet, oddly enough. This time it was pretty obvious who the monster was - you could eliminate people pretty quickly (not the big loud guy, not the sherpa, not the two people with their names in the credits ...) and so they never really ratcheted up the tension. Ah, well... I also watched Bridge to Terabithia which was much better than I had thought it would be. Quite well-done, in fact, and I recommend it.

Read: The Blood Spilt by Åsa Larsson, another excellent book. Larsson has made me order the third one now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->