Monday, October 06, 2008

Weird

I do the Scrabble Gram in the paper every day. I don't always get the "best score" but I do always get the "par score". But today is weird.

Today's sets of letters are

AAAYRWC = caraway = 65
EOOHRNN = nonhero (double word score) = 70
AEIURNJ = injure = 13
OUWKRGP = workup (3d letter triple) = 66

for a total of 214 points. (And yes, "nonhero" is in the Scrabble® dictionary (it's in the MWU, too).)

But the best score is only 165.

This has never happened to me before.

update. I was tempted to take this post down, but instead I'll admit that I screwed up the scoring. "Workup" is not a seven-letter word... Sheesh. 17 points, not 66. So, yeah: 165.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->