Saturday, November 08, 2008

Busy Friday

I was wrong about the time change meaning I would miss sunrise - I always forget how much that hour is. Clearly in the next couple of weeks it will be late enough for me to see it for a bit - this past week the sun was already up as I walked through the park. In fact, Friday's weather was so balmy that around 7:30 the trees along the creek (where they cleared most of the brush and vines) were filled with birds.

downy
A downy woodpecker

downy
A mockingbird

mockingbird

wren
A Carolina wren in willow leaves

wren

male cardinal
The male cardinal, posing nicely

male cardinal

female cardinal
And his mate - usually much harder to spot, and she has a little friend.

female cardinal and sparrow

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->