Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Week in Entertainment

Film: Synecdoche, New York - Ooookay. This film will require some serious thought before I know exactly what I think of it. But it was certainly mesmerizing, thought-provoking, and probably brilliant.

DVD: Numb3rs season 1 and part of 2 - I don't know whether to be annoyed with myself for missing this show up till now, or glad that I can watch several seasons of a show that holds up brilliantly to sustained watching. Krumholtz, Morrow, and Hirsch have excellent chemistry together, you believe them as a family and as individuals. The writing is smart and the production values (well, Ridley Scott after all) are very good.

TV: The Mentalist - I must admit I love it that the guys kept the watches. And Jane's a sweetie. House - I always hated Cameron. So of course we get a huge Cameron-centric episode, in which she is as annoying as ever. And for some reason, my DVR clips off the last minute or so of each ep. Sigh - at least it's recording them now. Psych - I didn't mention I'm catching up. Still funny. Numb3rs - this show (as noted) is good. Eleventh Hour - finally we see Hood in a lab. Not as emotionally satisfying as last week, but still pretty good.

Read: Kennedy's Brain by Henning Mankell. Very different from the Wallander books but engrossing.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, November 16, 2008 Blogger Barry Leiba had this to say...

«Synecdoche, New York - Ooookay. This film will require some serious thought before I know exactly what I think of it.»

Well... yeah. It's Charlie Kaufman. He's a strange man. Brilliantly strange.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->