Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reflections on 2008

Looking back on 2008, for me personally:

On the negative side, I did no writing (fiction or poetry). I lost touch with several people I wish I hadn't. And I got so wrapped up in the election I find my blog posts were almost entirely that, photos, or birthdays.

On the plus side, I think I've got the hang of the new job - I know how to schedule my classes now so that I'm not overworked. I went to a great set of workshops in the summer. And I got a promotion.

For 2009, I intend to stay in touch with those folks (I've written them all over the holidays), and I promise to start writing again - I'll get submissions into blog carnivals that want more than a photo, and I'll finish the stuff I've left hanging. On the work front, I've got several nice trips in store, but I've managed to make sure I'm not teaching two classroom classes (I'm talking all day twice a week) at the same time - just the on-line seminars at the same time as a traditional course.

And maybe having this post out here will help me focus.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->