Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Week in Entertainment

TV: My DVR failed to record House. I don't know what the heck happened there. It recorded every single syndicated episode that was on... Fortunately, the show is on line, eventually, so I will get to see it. Next week. My Brother the Pig - I don't know how old Scarlett Johansson was, but not 13. And the movie was definitely predictable... Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. And a couple of Barbra Stanwyck holiday movies - Christmas in Connecticut of course, and one I'd never seen before, Remember the Night. Preston Sturges could sure write 'em.

Read: Bones by Kellerman, a quite serviceable, maybe even better, entry - I like it when Rick makes a cameo. Mrs. Mallory and a Time for Death - this time I didn't figure it out. Nice. Oleg Kozyrev's Дневник замерзающего москвича (Diary of a Freezing Muscovite) - essays in Russian (his blog is here if you read Russian) - came in the mail, and I've started it. Funny stuff. The 7 Professors of the Far North - kind of a YA wild adventure serial (in spirit). I enjoyed it. And Phil Plait's Death from the Skies! which I liked, a lot, and will have to give to someone I know as a Christmas present (no more specific than that!).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->