Thursday, January 29, 2009

OSI: If Only I Had Time

I'd read the books I never read,
But always wanted to.
I'd take a trip to Samarkand
And the mountains in Peru;
I'd spend all winter by the lake,
All summer in the hills -
I'd spend a year in Scotland
Where Culloden gave me chills.
I'd bird in Indonesia,
In Africa and Spain;
I'd learn a dozen languages,
And read and write them plain.
I'd buy a dozen horses,
I'd get a bigger place.
I'd go and watch the rockets fly -
Watch? I'd ride them into space!
I'd write my novel - no, I would -
And it would make a splash.
What wouldn't I do? Nothing!
If only I had time...
                     ... and cash.

OSI badge
One Single Impression
:
more poems

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, January 29, 2009 Anonymous Anonymous had this to say...

Isn't it interesting how many of use want to travel and explore interests beyond our present realm?

I like this gumption showed: "rockets fly... watch? I'd ride them into space!" Good for you.

I wish I knew Russian. It's in my ancestry. I read your profile and it seems I agree with several of your basic views.

 
At 11:39 PM, January 29, 2009 Blogger Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) had this to say...

What a delightful poem ... I sang right along with you, wishing for the same things ...

"If only I had time...
... and cash.

 
At 5:23 PM, January 30, 2009 Blogger SandyCarlson had this to say...

I feel that way, too! And oh for the cash to take on the ride!

 
At 7:34 PM, January 30, 2009 Blogger Bruce Miller had this to say...

Reminds of the rhythms of Kipling, so nicely done:

Oh, it’s Tommy this, an’ Tommy that, an’ ‘Tommy, go away’;
But it’s ‘Thank you, Mister Atkins’, when the band begins to play—
The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,
Oh, it’s ‘Thank you, Mister Atkins,’ when the band begins to play.

 
At 7:56 PM, January 30, 2009 Blogger Maggie had this to say...

...time and cash can take one many places but many of my travels have been in mind...I enjoyed reading how you would spend...time

 
At 10:32 AM, January 31, 2009 Blogger Pearl had this to say...

ah, cash, yes that flowing or flooding would help.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->