Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Week in Entertainment

Live: A concert featuring Tan Dun's "Water Concerto" (one hated it, one "it's interesting but it's not music", one "I was enchanted by the solos", and one (me) who liked it for the most part but has to admit it does have its PDQ Bach-ish moments), and then Dvořák's "From the New World" which is always worth listening to.

DVD: Big Trouble in Little China - oh, I do love this movie.

TV: A few episodes of Bones. Possibly had I been watching it all along it wouldn't have been so confusing. A few episodes of Leverage, which remains an engaging update of The A Team blended with heist movies. Numb3rs, a very good episode about which I will have more to say later. The Mentalist - nice one, though I hope this Red John character doesn't turn into some arch-nemesis.

Read: Again, not much this week. To Play the Fool by Laurie King, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->