Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Week in Entertainment

DVD: I watched season one of Kingdom - an ITV series starring Stephen Fry as a market-town solicitor. It's very engaging; Fry (as always) very good and the supporting cast up to his weight, and the plots interesting if not earth-shattering. I will have to get season two.

TV: The usual suspects - House, Eleventh Hour, Numb3rs, Psych - and Nova, which had a spectacular episode about monarchs and their migration. Numb3rs was this season's opener, which I hadn't seen; the others were new. I can tell that Hadley is going to be the focus of House's 100th episode next week, which is just so sad I can't bear it. I hate that character; she's a waste of time and plot-lines, and yet she gets so much of both.

Read: Me and the Dead, a lovely collection of poems by the writer of Baroque in Hackney. Camus' Exile and the Kingdom. And reread The Watchmen - didn't mean to, was looking up a scene, but I got sucked back in. Also The Star of Kazan, which I picked up for $3 on a bargain table and enjoyed very much.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->