Monday, March 23, 2009

First time ever, Lady Vols don't

mcaaw 09 logo
Oh, dear. I'm kinda recovered from Saturday, but... wow.

I was kind of surprised they were seeded as high as 5, but I never expected them to go out in the first round. This is their first ever tournament not getting to at least the third round. I know they're young, but still ... losing so badly to Ball State? Ball State?

They did set a record (not the good kind): first defending champion to lose their opening game in the women's tourney. (Not the worst showing for a defending champion, though; Old Dominion won the title in 1985 and failed to make the tournament the following year.)

And Maryland and Vanderbilt are almost certainly going to go up against each other in the Sweet Sixteen.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, March 23, 2009 Anonymous Anonymous had this to say...

Sorry about your Lady Vols - I saw the game. My Lady Hawkeyes lost too. I guess I'll have to cheer for LSU's teams; if I don't my son will disown me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->