Sunday, July 12, 2009

Audubon Magazine photo contest

I was going to enter the Audubon Magazine photo contest but it turns out I'm ineligible because I live in Maryland (which, along with Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, North Dakota, Tennessee, and Vermont) prohibits contests with entry fees. Rats. Of course, I don't know if I'd've won - I probably wouldn't have; there are sure to be lots of great photos entered - but it would have been fun to see.

Anyway, since I'd already picked out my photos, I thought I'd post them here. Some you've already seen, but some not for a while.

heron
Heron on Ice
(great blue heron)


turkey vulture
Taking Off
(turkey vulture (buzzard))


killdeer
Eat Me, Not Them!
(killdeer)


chickadee
Awwww
(black-capped chickadee)


Canada geese
Family Outing
(canada geese)


mockingbird
Great Gray Hunter
(mockingbird)


Muscovy
Wild Repose
(wild-type muscovy duck)


redwings
Second Courtship
(red-winged blackbirds)


house sparrows
Winter Dress
(house sparrows)


cedar waxwing
Brunch on the Wing
(cedar waxwing)


Half of these were taken in College Park, Maryland. The sparrows are from San Antonio, Texas, and the Muscovy, geese, buzzard, and cedar waxwing are all from Oak Ridge, Tennessee.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->