Thursday, July 09, 2009

"I don't care to..."

We spent the day tearing down a deck on my father's house in order to build him a new one - though we (yay!) found out that the basic structure was sound so we'll have much less actual construction to do. But it was in the low 90s and we were tearing down lots of walls and railings, so when my sister and I headed for the Home Depot to buy hangers, we were fairly mucky.

As we crossed the parking lot, she said to me, "This is the only place I don't care to come when I'm dirty, because I've been working."

Whenever I come back here, I have to get used to that. For me, "don't care to" remains "don't want to". For her - and lots of people here - it's "don't mind".

I've been *working*

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, July 09, 2009 Blogger Barry Leiba had this to say...

Right, and there are regions where "don't mind" works the other way, too:

Q: Do you want chocolate, or vanilla?
A: Oh, I don't mind which.

 
At 4:57 AM, July 13, 2009 Blogger dave had this to say...

Yes its very true, when we are working we should not care about what others will say.If we have a good lawn then definitely we are going to have a very good response from our friends and from creatures too. Just check http://www.lawncare.net and Get the latest information on everything you need to know about lawn care, including building a lawn, lawn care & maintenance, product reviews & more.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->