Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Okay, Portland, what's the big idea?

Driving to Lake Tahoe - first stage today, Everett to Eugene. It was all clouds at first so we didn't see Rainier, but I've seen it before. I did get a nice shot of Adams, which I will post tomorrow, which was cool.

But Hood.

That's a terrific mountain, and I didn't get one picture of it. For that matter, we spent 25 minutes driving through Portland, and I got about 2 minutes worth of seeing Mt Hood - not, mind you, 2 continuous minutes. It was like someone went along I5 and said, "Oh, hey: they can see Mt Hood from here. Plant some trees!"

Anyway, it's a tremendously striking mountain, as you can see in this Portland picture I found on the web... I'm glad I saw it. I just wish I'd gotten a picture. (We're driving back via a different route, so I won't get the chance. This trip...)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, July 23, 2009 Anonymous Mark P had this to say...

Lake Tahoe? Woohoo! I lived there for a while in the mid-70s. I'll bet things are different now, and I don't mean that in a good way.

I once flew into Seatac and Rainier was plainly visible, floating above the horizon, from the terminal. It felt like I was in a second-rate science fiction book cover.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->