Thursday, November 12, 2009

Listen!

There was a spelling category on Jeopardy! (Teen Tournament) today. The last one was "This precedes Falcon in the name of Han Solo's vessel."

"What is M I L L E N E U M?" the first one said. "No," said Alex.

The second one rang in. "What is M I L L E N I U M?" "No," said Alex.

The third one rang in, and said, very carefully, "What is M I L L E N I U M?"

"No," said Alex. "M I L L E N N I U M. None of you got the two Ns in the NIUM part."

He was kind enough not to point out that the second and third ones spelled it exactly the same...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:41 AM, November 13, 2009 Blogger Barry Leiba had this to say...

Oy.
Reminds me of a "Celebrity Jeopardy!" one time, when one of the teen celebrities answered a question that gave a list of three choices by picking one that wasn't on the list.

And, by the way, the "Millenium Hilton" is across the street from the former World Trade Center site.

 
At 3:49 AM, November 20, 2009 Anonymous Anonymous had this to say...

I trust that you've visited http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/ at least occasionally?

(The link goes to Peter Bowditch's website "The Millenium Project", in which context it is not a misspelling.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->