Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pale hawk in a gray wood

It's a very gray day today. (In fact, it's started raining, my father just announced.) Not quite an hour ago, just before noon, a large bird caught my eye settling into a tree well down the western slope of Black Oak Ridge. A hawk of some sort - I don't know for sure but I think he's a red-tailed hawk. He was really too far away to be sure of his size, but bigger than a sharpie, that's for sure. Big. The distance and branches hid his tail, and the gray washed out his color, but he was very pale on the underside of his wings as well as his breast.

hawk

hawk

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, November 22, 2009 Anonymous Anonymous had this to say...

It was extremely interesting for me to read the blog. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->