Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Week in Entertainment

Film: Up in the Air - George Clooney is brilliant. Reitman gets a good performance out of everyone, and the script is a winner. This film has no faults as long as you don't demand a "happy" ending.

DVD: Enchanted, which does have happy endings, for those who deserve them. I hadn't seen this before but I'm glad I checked it out. Very amusing.

TV: Ted!!!! Okay, it wasn't their best episode ever, but still, it was Ted and Phil and Lem and Veronica. And a truly weird idea from the Veridian Dynamics management. Scrubs - restart is still finding its feet, but at times it's just hilarious. Modern Family's Christmas episode was hilarious. Inocente! No, seriously, it was great. I loved it. The Mentalist, a very nice episode, nothing stand-out but enjoyable.

Read: Unseen Academicals ... I do love Terry Pratchett, his world(s), his style, his humor, and his points. Finished The Gigolo Murder, which was very satisfying.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, December 14, 2009 Blogger Barry Leiba had this to say...

The restart of Scrubs isn't grabbing me at all. I wasn't too crazy about the last season, and figured it had run out. And now they're trying it on again, with three main characters gone and new ones to replace them. Only, except for #1, the new characters seem just annoying, and not engaging. And I don't like where JD's character is going either.

On the other hand, last season they really backed off on Dr Cox's insulting tirades, and they've put some of that back in now, so maybe that'll be enough to keep me around.

 
At 11:31 AM, December 14, 2009 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Yes, it's very uneven. I don't know if I'll stick with it, but I feel obliged to give it a fair shot.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->