Saturday, May 08, 2010

I don't get it...

puzzle
You know how crosswords often have themes? I'm not going to tell you that I always get the theme before I start or even after I do one of the theme clues, because it usually takes two of them for me to see it, especially if they're bad puns.

But until now I haven't ever not been able to see the them after I've done the whole puzzle!!

The title is "Lighten Up". 17A: An example of Emeril's largesse? (free recipe) 27A: Lust for Gore? (al attraction) 49A: To whom a madam relates sin? (her confessor) 66A: Yakety-yak (and a hint to the starts of 17-, 27-, and 49-Across) (chew the fat)

I'm certain of the answers. But I just don't see how "chew the fat" is "a hint to the starts of" "free recipe", "Al attraction", and "her confessor".

Go ahead, I beg you: make me slap my forehead and say "Oh, of course..."

Please.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, May 08, 2010 Blogger Barry Leiba had this to say...

You have removed the word "fat" from "fat-free recipe", "fatal attraction", and "father confessor".

 
At 5:50 AM, May 10, 2010 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

There. See? I knew somebody would know (and guessed it would be Barry) and I also knew that as soon as it was explained I'd say, "Oh, sheesh, of course!"

Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->