Monday, May 10, 2010

The Week in Entertainment

DVD: Some more of Justice John Deed, still well-written though I want to smack the justice up the side of his head.

TV: The Mentalist, an enjoyable episode (though too many clowns!!!) Doctor Who - the Weeping Angels were creepier in "Blink", though their using Bob to talk for them was kind of creepy. I find River Song somewhat annoying, and I'm still on the fence about Amy. And perhaps I should clarify my "I like the new guy" - I meant I can watch him. Unlike some previous incarnations, one of whom I hated so much I still haven't seen but three of his eps (and one of those had Patrick Troughton in it.) Modern Family - poor Jay! But I loved how Phil came to Mitch's rescue not realizing how Claire would react, I laughed like crazy when Phil told Mitchell Claire was "a little tight-strung, some people are like that" and Mitchell snapped at him, and the TSA guy solemnly interviewing Manny, and - heck, I loved it all. "I'm totally clueless"- Ty Burrell is a genius. (plus, Jay? Your Kindle? It's new, it's under warranty still, they'll replace it before your family leaves Hawaii. voice of experience here) House - I like it that Wilson's ex doesn't like House, I mean who could?, but I see heartbreak ahead for poor Wilson...

Read: Some Prefer Nettles by Junichiro Tanizaki, which was mesmerizing in its simplicity. The Secret Notebooks of Agatha Christie, which inspired me to read (or reread) some of the ones he talked about in detail. Peril at End House I don't think Id read before, of if I had it was a long time ago, so long ago I'd forgotten it, and then Roger Ackroyd, ABC, Five Little Pigs, and Death by Appointment.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->