Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Totally Unexpected Sweetness

I bought the latest generation Kindle last week because it's globally active and it displays other than Latin fonts - several, including Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, and (my interest!) Cyrillic. Amazon doesn't have many Russian books yet, but they say they're working to expand their selection.

HOWEVER.

I was at kniga.com today buying something else, and they were teasing Aleksandra Marinina, a wildly popular thriller writer - in an e-book sale. When I looked at it, she was one of many, many authors with e-book versions. And then I discovered that they sell their e-books in a variety of formats - including the one Kindle uses.

Bliss. Russian books on the Kindle.

And with e-books, there isn't even shipping!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->