Monday, October 18, 2010

The tricks memory can play!

Sam Elliott as Dr Doug RobertWell ... I have now watched every Mission: Impossible episode that Sam Elliott was ever in. And that one defining moment that I have remembered for forty years ... never happened. There wasn't even an episode that it could have been cut from before the DVDs were made.

This isn't the first time something like that has happened. I could have sworn that that in that scene in Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty when Flora and Merryweather are arguing about whether Aurora's dress should be blue or pink, and they keep magicking its color, and puffs of blue and pink magic go up the chimney and Maleficent's crow sees them and discovers Aurora's location? Remember? Well, I could have sworn that the crow actually flew through the puffs and got turned pink. And that, too, never happened.

Almost makes me afraid to watch any other shows or movies not seen since my childhood!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, October 19, 2010 Blogger Barry Leiba had this to say...

So... what was that defining moment that never happened? I'm curious!

If Netflix ever puts the M:I TV series on streaming, I'll be watching them all. I used to love that series, and the movies are just a poor imitation.

 
At 12:32 PM, October 19, 2010 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

He put the mission in jeopardy to treat an injured bystander.

Or didn't, I suppose ;-)

It's a very good series, indeed. I just got the whole thing as a present (wheeeeee!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->