Sunday, October 31, 2010

The week in entertainment

TV: Modern Family - I loved poor Phil and his panic at the mere possibility that Claire might leave him. "Tell me it was booze adultery physical abuse - it's okay I'm a monogamous social drinker and Claire only sleep-hits me." Sherlock - I had heard good things so I wasn't too nervous about an updating of the legend to modern times, but what I'd heard only underreported. It was brilliant - wonderfully cast and witty. I loved the "Just where were you shot?" and updating to "Afghanistan or Iraq?" and turning the Rachel-rache clue on its head. Really nicely done and lots of fun.

Read: Four light "classic" mysteries, Doan & Carstairs (the latter is a Great Dane). Scattered Families, a good read about dysfunctional people finding their way to function. Bitter in the Mouth, a truly excellent novel about a young woman with synesthesia growing up in the American South among among people hiding their secrets in plain view.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, February 08, 2019 Anonymous Anonymous had this to say...

Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad and tested to see if it can survive a 40 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple
ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this
is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->