Thursday, November 11, 2010

argh

I was walking to work yesterday when I looked up and saw this:

hawk

Oh, yeah. A big old raptor. I got my camera out and took that shot. Then I walked closer, raised the camera and ... blinking red light. I had forgotten to change the battery yesterday! Argh! I quickly pulled out my phone (better than nothing) but he flew off. Very annoyed with myself I walked on, and there he was again, on a different tree along the same creek. I took a couple of pictures with the phone, but he was really so close. If only I'd remembered ...

hawk



A mockingbird nearby was screaming, but the hawk was unmoved. I stood there watching him for five minutes or so before I reluctantly went on into the building. He was glancing around the whole time, and several times he stared straight at me, though clearly I didn't bother him any more than the one mocker...

So beautiful. So very beautiful.

I hope he's back next week. Believe me, the camera will have a fresh battery!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->