Friday, December 10, 2010

Instant Karma

Outside the College Park Metro station is a crosswalk on River Road. Generally when I'm there in the morning there is little if any traffic on River Road, I'm not sure why. This morning though it was heavy - and so when I hit the flashing lights I actually had to make sure the cars were stopping.

And they didn't. Two Lexuses (Lexi?) went right past me, not slowing down one bit. Except that they then had to hit their breaks and wait, since a bus pulled out of the Metro lot ahead of them and blocked the lane, unable to turn because somebody on the other side of the street was stopping to let me cross. Which means the Lexus drivers had to wait until I got all the way across the divided street, not just their half of it.

I doubt that the driver of the bus did it on purpose. But it was a bit heartwarming (in the 20-degree morning) all the same.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->