Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Week in Entertainment

Live: The Master and Margarita by the Synetic Theater, at the Shakespeare Theater in DC. It was ... awesome. Because - mostly - Americans aren't familar with this story, there was a lot of talking compared to ST's normal productions (especially their Shakespeare Without Words), but all the fantastic elements of Bulgakov's novel were there, amazingly so. Brilliant.

DVD: Shrek Forever After and Modern Family's extras. Two episodes of Rubicon (since I know it's over, I won't get too invested in it, though it seems very intelligent and stylish.)

TV: Ah, finally - The Mentalist recorded and it was good. I loved the ending, and that they didn't just blow off the murder of the serial killer inside the CBI. Psych was good, too. "I really do have a problem." A nice blend of funny and serious, and I love Buzz. Plus, huge props to the show for letting Shawn and Juliet hook up without ruining the tone. I looked at the now five episodes of No Ordinary Family queued up and realized I wasn't going to watch them. House I haven't quite given up on yet (though the note on Psych? directed at House's showrunners) but I didn't watch the queued up episodes, either. Modern Family continues to be excellent - the dialog is so funny and the acting so good. Also I watched The Paper Chase, which I found extremely boring and unconvincing (although I loved the first few seasons of the tv show very much).

Read:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->