Saturday, February 05, 2011

Happy Birthday, Christopher

Chris GuestToday in New York City Christopher Haden-Guest was born in 1948. (Yes, he's a British peer; his father was a diplomat.) He's better known as Christopher Guest, actor, director, and screen writer. His directorial gems include A Mighty Wind, Waiting for Guffman, This is Spinal Tap, Best in Show, and For Your Consideration (in my preferred order), and his turn as Count Rugen, the six-fingered man, in The Princess Bride was perfect.

He dislikes the term "mockumentary" because his films aren't meant to mock but to explore. All I can say to that is, I thought the "mock" was because they were "mock documentaries", that is, fictional, rather than "mocking documentaries". So it's not so bad, eh?

"I rarely joke unless I'm in front of a camera. It's not what I am in real life. It's what I do for a living."

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, February 05, 2011 Blogger Bonnie had this to say...

Who WASN'T perfect in "The Princess Bride"? It's still one of my favorite movies of all time. (And one of the best T-shirts ever is the one with the "Hello, my name is" label on it, with -- of course -- Inigo Montoya written in the space for the name.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->